Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pantry lighting/anniversary weekend

This was our anniversary weekend(15 years).We were lucky enough to go away for a night by ourselves and it was so nice to getaway!!! We stayed at a Sheraton hotel that was so beautifully decorated in a modern way.We loved it.It is a contrast to our style at home which is antiques/eccletic with a little bit of modern thrown in,lol! So the hotel was in Northbrook ,Il which is about 45 min away so we weren't too far.It was in a really cool part that had a nature preserve prairie by it.we took a walk on the nature preserve and I would love to bring the boys there.It was beautiful! When we got to the hotel I spotted a shopping center across the street and there was a Homegoods store.It was huge and I convinced Trent to take me there. OMG,I was in heaven!!! They had the most beautiful house decor.It was a little overwhelming but I focused on finding somethings that were on my list to buy.I have the 3 tiered cake stand (in my room) from Opuluent Treasures and I noticed they had cake stands,candle holders,etc.from that brand so I bought a mini cake stand for my dressing room and a candle holder for my living room.It was seriously hard to walk away with only two items!! They had the most beautiful pillows there but with Yoshi chewing everything up I didn't purchase any. When we got back home we went to Menards and Lowes to look for siding for the pantry and hardwood floors. We ended up not buying any yet but we decided which styles we would purchase probably next week.Trent had already wired most of the electric for the pantry so I asked him to install the light.Originally we were going to change the dining room light and use the dining room fixture for the porch.When he took off the dining room fixture he didn't think it would work in the pantry. I don't know if I wrote about the mercury pendant lights I bought 3 years ago but I bought them on sale (2 different sets) and they have been in my basement waiting for the perfect spot.I showed these to Trent before but he didn't think they would work so I was surprised when he told me to get my mercury lights for the pantry. My heart skipped a beat with joy that they would be used!!! He installed them yesterday and all of us were so excited to see them up and working. This porch was added on some time prior but there was never any light source.We have been here at this house now 10 years!!! Crazy,right!?! We were all like how did we live without a light before? Ha,so Progress is being made. Here are photos…..

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the lights and happy anniversary! I love love love Home Goods and am very lucky to have a pretty decent one about 10 minutes away, my absolute favourite store.

goddessof4 said...

thanks,I LOVE home goods now!!! I will definitely go back for more goodies!!!

goddessof4 said...

thanks,I LOVE home goods now!!! I will definitely go back for more goodies!!!