Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

New Fence

I received my Xmas present early!! If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know I always ask for "weird" house projects or furniture as presents,lol:) This christmas was no exception.I wanted to fence in our new yard .Hubby would say the property was my present as well but I consider that a family gift we will all enjoy. Anyway,getting a permit for this property was a pain ,since this is technically a front yard on another street ,we couldn't add a 6 ft privacy fence.We could only add a 4 foot picket fence that was 50 percent open and at the corner of the neighboring driveway it had to be 3 feet in height for 15 feet(distance) for a vision clearance. At first I was really freaking out because we have the dogs and I would always have to be outside if I let them play in the yard(they could possibly jump over the 3 foot part)but then I realized I always wanted a victorian picket fence and it was the opportunity to have it.I love the movie Practical Magic (dream house) and saw a photo of their yard and it had a white picket fence!! We purchased a cedar french gothic picket fence.I will probably leave it the cedar color only because I can't imagine having to paint the fence every summer.I have enough of my front porch to touch up painting every other year,lol! Here are some photos of the new fence! I can't wait until spring so I can actually enjoy my present!!!! For now I am happy to rake the leaves and just stare at my new yard from my kitchen window!!!

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That's a sweet looking fence, and it goes nicely with the age of the home. xoox Su

goddessof4 said...

Thank you!!! Can't wait until spring to really use our new yard!!!!😀