Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Monday, November 20, 2006

computer savy

I have to thank my computer savvy hubby for helping me with starting out this blog.He is the Best!!!!He is probably sooooo tired of my whining when it comes to this stuff.I am learning slowly but surely.I have to say this is addictive.I first started out by reading other old house bloggers and then I found some mom ones and now I am hooked!!!!!! I started to think I can do this too!!!!
This seems theraputic as well.On the home front we just installed a wood burning stove.It is a
hearth stone .The stove weighs 729 lbs. This was a dream come true and a nightmare at the same time.First finding "friends" to help us pick up the stove was not working.Finally, a coworker 's client found out about our dilema and volunteered her husband,her son and their truck.
Boy they were shocked to see the stove and how heavy this thing was but we all managed to get it home.That was miracle #1.The second stressful part after this was delivered was bringing the stove from the garage into the house.We had 4 guys, myself and oldest son trying to carry this up to our front porch and no one could lift it were very very nervous trying to get this thing into
house.I had to leave and when I returned home they somehow got into the house.
That was the second miracle.The scary part was about to begin.We built a stone platform using
rocks from Lake Michigan for the stove to rest on.(We had to reenforce the floor in the basement
to support the stove.)Of course we had to cut a hole in a exterior wall(very weird to see the next house thru a hole in your dining room). Well ,we survived the installation of the stove but the nightmare was the chimney.My husband and his carpenter brother put the chimney up and it collapsed sending my son to get stitches and broke my husbands finger. At first the doctor thought he would have to get surgery because the break was close to the joint.Luckily,he only needed a cast.So that was the nightmare-oh yeah he couldn't work for 7 weeks because he is a stylist and you need both hands to cut hair.I will post a picture of our stove .It still needs a tile behind it and some finishing touches.

No comments: