Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tile wall complete!!!

Well, we are done.Yeah!!!! This was one project that we thought would be a piece of cake but turned out to have some challenges. The outlet was an issue,then I assumed that the tiles were exactly 12x12(they were smaller) Luckily we figured out a solution for the extra edges.We added a half inch bead trim used in bathroom tile walls.That proved to be the finishing touch that was needed.There are a few imperfections but in a 100+ house it adds to the character.(a few tiles slipped but only if you are staring at it you will see it) The grout really helped with that.We are happy .It looks great and we will feel safer since this wall is 3x the size of our temporary wall.Here are pictures of the finished product.Also we are happy the tiles look like soapstone to match the soapstone woodburner.


Sandy said...

I thought it was the same stone! Looks absolutely great! You would definitely have to point out the slip because I sure don't see it.

goddessof4 said...

Thanks,Sandy!!! I think only if you are looking for flaws would you see it.My husband really tried to stop all the tiles from slipping.I was suprised too how much the tile looked like soapstone because when I bought them I was just trying to have a color that would blend in the room!!!!