Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Monday, July 19, 2010

Vintage bikes



About 3 years ago I wrote a post about my vintage bike that I found at a yard sale.I paid $10 for it.I really loved it but my kids trashed the chain and it needed a tune up. Yesterday ,I was at a thrift store and found a similar bike for my hubby!!!! I was happy because it was $14 and looked in good condition. His bike ended up needing new inner tubes and then it was good to go.My bike was another story!!!!! It had to be taken completely apart and then I painted it pink!!!!! I have wanted a pink bike forever. I still have to do a few touch ups because I was spray painting it at about 11:30 at night outside with very little light. It is working great now.I am still buying new tires that are thicker .They are hello kitty tires and very cool.I am also blinging out my bike with Hello kitty stickers.Today my hubby and two boys took a two hour bike ride by the lake.It was so much fun.We first stopped at a coffee shop that is right on the lake.Here is a before and after photo of my bike.

No comments: