Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Power wash

We finally made the decision to paint the house instead of adding siding.So off we went to rent a power washer. We rented it for 4 hours and all I can say was that thing really works!!!!!! Our younger boys where gone for a few days with their grandpa so it was just Trent ,myself and our oldest son here doing the work.We rented the more powerful power washer that takes off any loose paint.Lets just say in some spots we will have to replace some wood trim because of how hard that water hit our house.It was a messy job!!!!!! After we returned the power washer we went to Menard's to buy paint.At least we had already picked out our paint color in advance. It is Burgundy Red by Dutch Boy. While waiting for our house to dry we had to prune a rosebush in the front of our house so there would be room to paint. I love roses but this one didn't do it for me!!!! It was ugly so I hope it doesn't grow back.We will have to dig out the roots eventually.Back to painting, we finally started painting and it is looking great!!!!! The darker red has made our house look bigger!!! It seems weird because I thought white made things appear larger. Anyway,I am hoping we can finish painting this week or weekend (we are ambitious like that!!!).Then we have to decide on the paint color for the trim. I will post photos later today ,they are on my laptop.Pray it doesn't rain here in Wisconsin!!!!!!!

No comments: