Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Progress

Our progress is slow.We ran into a few problems with installing the barn door track. We figured out how to install this thing but needed wood to attach it to .I convinced my hubby to "look" at Lowes for wood and we ended up buying it there. We loaded the minivan and had 12' of wood in the van,since it was a bitter cold day we didn't want to leave  the back trunk open ,so when we closed our back trunk door  and one of the pieces of wood cracked my windshield. I should have taken this as a sign!!!! I wasn't upset (hubby was) but will have to replace the windshield. I just look a little ghetto driving my van until we replace it. Oh well. So we finally get this thing put together and are ready to install.I call my daughter to come over and help us lift it up on the wall.She brings her boyfriend  to help. I was so excited ...... until we all lift the track and it is too long for the wall!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!! Both my husband and I were in shock!!!! It was almost 6 inches to long!!!!! WE both measured together ,I don't know what happened. I think Trent thinks I was bending the tape measure, not sure how that happened. So that is where we are at!!!!! We have to wait until this weekend to cut off the extra and try again. On the bright side,I  was  able to paint the wood that the track is attached to the same color as the wall. If it was installed first it would have been a pain to paint.

No comments: