Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mother's Day present


So we picked up my present!!!!! I have a Gothic church pew!!!! I found it on Craig's list.The funny part is that I ended up buying it from one of our close friends and old neighbors from Chicago. I have been searching for a church pew forever!!!!! I was close to buying different ones but the deals never worked out. Our friends bought theirs at an auction and I saw it once at their house and was in love!!!!!!!  They always have great stuff in their homes.Anyway,as I was searching for my church pew on Craig'slist I noticed the photo from our friends old house and they were selling the pew!!!! I was so excited, what are the odds that I would look at craig's list at the same time they listed. So it was meant to be , I asked my hubby if he could buy it for me for Mother's Day. I always knew I would use it with our dining room table. Our table is eight feet and the church pew is just under that. It needed a few repairs but it is ready to use now . Here are photos. I added the gold on the detailed part.I also had to paint the back of the pew since that is where you could see the glue we had to use (the second photo shows how we had to use gravity to set the side!!! LOL) The pew was already blue and distressed, I just need to buy furniture wax and wax it.
  I also had a break through this week.I finally SOLD something on Craig's list!!!! It did take me a couple months and it was nerve wracking.It is definitely easier and more fun to buy !!!!!

No comments: