Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Handmade Buddha Stencil project






I have had a new project on my mind for a while.This is how my mind works,always thinking up ideas even when we are in the middle of a BIG project(painting the house).I receive Tracy Porter's catalog and there was a gorgeous Tibetan looking furniture piece in it that I fell in love with.It had a price tag in the thousands.Out of our price range but I was determined that I could paint my dresser like the one in the catalog.I had my oldest son cut out a stencil of a buddha (similar to the one in the catalog),I then painted my dresser in a blue color and took gold paint to age and distress it.I bought gold spray paint and sprayed the buddha on the drawers. It came out really cool.We are using the dresser in the living room. It holds all the video games/movies and toys.Here are photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks SO cool! I love the shade of blue. That's always such a tricky color for me.