Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Furniture painting


Last week I had a productive furniture painting week. I finished the upper portion of the dresser( It comes in two pieces). I also finished the bed frame. It is a sleigh bed style frame. I have always wanted a sleigh bed!!!!! This is really a modified sleigh bed but it is still a sleigh bed frame. Well, we decided to keep the frame( yeah)!!!! We put it in our room yesterday.Today I have been cleaning away our room,fluffing our nest and I took some photos!!!! Here they are....
  The bed was painted with a layered technique. I used 3 washes of different glazes after I put a base coat and of course threw in a little of my beloved gold. After it dried I waxed it with a couple layers of wax.

1 comment:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

I love sleigh beds, too. Thanks for linking this to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.