Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Painting Away!!!

 I picked up some furniture from Craigslist that I bought to makeover and resell. It was an adventure going to pick up the furniture. We had to go in two cars. My minivan aka "the bliss mobile" ( I have a lot of Hawaii decals on it!!!)  and our other car which is an SUV. I followed hubby  who had the gps in his car.I was nervous I would lose him and be stuck in the middle of nowhere. We made it to our destination and the next challenge was loading the cars!!!! It was rough getting the furniture from the second floor apartment!!!! We had our two youngest boys with us and luckily one of them is bigger than me now(yikes) so he helped too. So now that we made it home we unloaded hubby's car but mine is still full. I am not looking forward to unloading the van. The heaviest and biggest pieces are in there. I started the fun part....painting!!!! Well,it is fun for me. I am painting a bedframe and a dresser with mirror, a vintage aqua blue and distessing with different glazes. Here are some photos of the first stage....
   I also spray painted an old rusted chandelier pink!!!! I will probably put it in my yard sale which I am planning on having soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so good...I'd make them over and then NOT want to sell them!

goddessof4 said...

Thanks, yeah I think like that too!!! But I need to stay detached!!!!!LOL!!!!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

love that chandelier! pink anything is just darling!! Hope you have a great night!! hugs!! Britt :-)