Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Can of worms!!!!
A week ago I bought a very cool(electric) wall fireplace to go in our main bathroom. It is soooo cold in there in winter so I bought this to add some heat and also it looks very cool!!!! I asked my husband to add an outlet for the fireplace to plug into. Trent being Trent wanted to add a two by four to the wall to make sure when we mounted the fireplace it would be secure!!!! We have bead board paneling in there ( installed by the previous owner) so hubby proceeds to remove a panel and was shocked at what he saw!!! There was old wiring taped together really badly.We have rewired the whole house but hadn't done the bathroom. So basically he ripped out most of the wall and we had to rewire the bathroom . It was a really stressful job(not to mention messy)This was a family affair .We had one of the boys in the attic with dad and we face timed( using the IPhone) when we needed to communicate . It was three days of work to get this complete, Today I am repainting the walls and cleaning up the mess so we can reinstall the sink. Now the only things left in that bathroom is to re-tile (I want subway tile on two small walls) and add the tin ceiling tile to cover the ugly popcorn ceiling!!!! The whole family joked with me that my little outlet project opened a can of worms.I had texted my hubby the day the fireplace was delivered ....FYI ,I bought a fireplace and it was delivered today!!!! So I also kept hearing jokingly.....FYI,I bought a fireplace today,LOL!!!!!