Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Monday, October 17, 2011

Kitchen apothecary

So I mentioned I am organizing our house (lately the kitchen) and I was lucky to have been given a huge cubby storage shelf. In its former life it was in some mans garage . A friend of ours bought it at a yard sale and had it in her basement for a long time. She was over and we were talking about my storage (lack of) issue. She mentioned this shelf /cubbie thing and asked if I was interested. Of course I said yes (sight unseen) so when I went to pick it up it was love at first sight!!!!! I knew what I was going to do right away. I went to Hobby Lobby to buy some enamel numbers I spotted there before (I just needed the perfect project for them). This was the project!!!! I wanted an apothecary shelf. I always wanted one . I actually have envisioned one day having an herbal/candle store set up like a vintage apothecary. Once I bought the numbers I came home and started hammering away!!! My husband really likes the shelf better since I added the numbers and could see my "vision" for it in the kitchen. So here it is.....




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic!

goddessof4 said...

Thanks!!!! It is really helping us clear off clutter from the counter top!!!!

Connie in Hartwood said...

I love this!!! It's great that something so lovely wasn't destined to spend the rest of its life neglected in a garage. (visiting from Farmhouse Friday.)

goddessof4 said...

Thanks we are having fun with it!,,,,,

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow this is great. How fun to use...how fun to organize...how fun to decorate for holidays...or just hide chocolate! Hahahaha.
Love it and yay for you!
Blessings,
Debbie

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love this. Great storage and display. Happy new follower from Farmhouse Friday.
Laura
http://imsovintage.blogspot.com/