Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Friday, January 18, 2008

Bundled up!!!!

Today it feels really cold out and I am bundled up waiting for my wood burning stove to kick in.Now if my small gas (wood burning like) stove was hooked up ,I wouldn't have to be all bundled up!We have to find some direct vent pipe for the stove.We bought some at Menard's but it did not fit the piping it came with.Maybe I can convince my husband to go with me to a different store to find the piping.We haven't been to inspired lately.We have had car issues and that has us stressed out.We are down to one car again and that means I am stuck at home with the kids.Thank god we home school so I don't have to stress about asking our neighbor for a ride(Her kids went to a different school than mine so I felt bad when we needed a ride last year) Also we are going out of town next month so we are trying to save the extra money for the trip.It sucks being on a budget!!!!!! Actually I am very grateful that ONE of our cars work and that I am able to stay at home with the kids(and that we have wood for the wood burning stove!!!!!)

2 comments:

Mikki said...

Bless you - I can relate!

I had a freelance design business in my dining room some years ago. I designed yellowpage ads for a publisher in Florida. At the time a fireplace insert was our primary means of heat (I live in Virginia). My husband threatened me with bodily hard if I even thought about turning on the electric heat (he's a X now *wink*). So every morning I had to build a fire in a freezing cold house and it wasn't a pretty sight.

But anyway the girls I FedXed my work too always commented about the whiff of wood smoke that came from my packages.

goddessof4 said...

That's so funny!!!I think I am used to the wood smoke smell.I am getting better at starting the fire though!!!