Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Making a home your own!!


I have come to the conclusion that we are going to be here a while.I always wanted a huge 3 story Victorian house. Instead I have a smallish 1898 farmhouse style with Victorian features.This house does not have pocket doors or hidden fireplaces but we have installed a soapstone wood burning stove and about to add one in the kitchen.This house also did not have my other "favorite" a tin ceiling."Luckily" there was a large hole in a bedroom ceiling so my husband said that would be a good place to put my tin ceiling!!!!!We are also adding French doors in the kitchen to the dining room.The last detail I have been dreaming about is a pantry.We have a large kitchen but limited cabinets.I had been putting our canned food in a metal cabinet that I painted pink.Since I am trying to clear the wall that the pink cabinet is on (for the French doors)I decided to make my own "pantry".We have a small hall way next to the kitchen leading down into the basement.There is a built in cabinet there as well.I moved my pink cabinet next to the built in and now I have my "pantry"!!!

No comments: