Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Anniversary weekend

Last Friday was our anniversary!!!! We have been married 13 years!!!!! We have been together much longer and it is hard to believe it has passed by so fast. We went on a little get away( to Chicago ).Our good friend Maureen came to stay with the kids(thanks Maureen!!!!) We planned to get away months ago but we didn't have a hotel booked until the day we left!!!! I know , really last minute booking. But it actually worked in our favor.We tried hot wire and found a really great hotel at a great price!!!!! We stayed at the Westin Hotel not far from Chicago. The hotel was gorgeous and we had the best view of a forest /river.We felt like we had gone on a vacation much farther from home. We had a blast!!!! We took a nature walk along the river and saw the most beautiful animals.We literally had deer walk towards us . I have never been so close to a deer in my life!!! Along this trail people also rode horses. It made me want to take horseback riding lessons. It is definitely on my list of things to do.
We had an amazing time!!! We discovered new restaurants for breakfast and dinner.We went to Kevin's Place an old school diner that was so cool!!!The food was very tasty. I actually broke my low carb diet this weekend .I had the crunchy french toast and it was so worth it!!!!We liked Kevin's place so much we went there again on our way home!!!! For our special dinner we went to The Wild Fire restaurant .I had salmon that was amazing!!!! Hubby had great food too!! I definitely had my carb fix so now I am working off all I ate,LOL!!!!!!

No comments: