Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Basement Makeover

Well previously I wrote about the closing of the salon Trent and I worked at.We are doing our clients in our home.We have a styling chair and supplies and we have been doing them in our kitchen.We just installed a shampoo sink in our basement that we found on Craig's list. I am addicted to Craig's list more than ebay!!!!!! Any way,our basement looked like a dungeon so we had to repaint, clean everything,and build a door so our dogs won't go into the laundry/shampoo area while clients are here. I still have to prime one wall and paint the floor.It is a concrete floor that I am going to paint a charcoal gray.The walls are almost turquoise. It came out brighter than I thought so I
might color wash over the blue to soften it a little. The shampoo bowl is black so it looks great together.I really want to finish this project by Friday since we have a few people coming over.It is a good thing that I have been waterproofing the walls in the laundry room!!!! I really never thought I would have my own shampoo sink in my house but it is pretty cool!!! My 9 year old loved getting his hair washed in it.I haven't posted pictures because our camera broke,I am going to try and borrow my teenage daughter's one so everyone can see all our progress!!!!

No comments: