Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A night without water

My Mother's Day gift from my husband was to start installing a much needed bathroom.Trent and his carpenter/and now plumber brother John installed the rough piping. It was really cool to see the progress.Our basement is starting to look like a normal livable space not a dungeon. Everything was coming along great until one of our old(really old) pipes broke.It would have been an easy fix if we had not run out of material to replace it. The next issue was that it was Sunday night and all the Menard's and Home Depots were closed.Because this pipe broke we had to leave the hot water closed and the cold water would not even get to the second floor
I was mortified !!!!! We could not flush the toilet unless we carried a bucket from the first floor. On top of that I had a client coming over at 9am the next day.After stressing for about 3 hours trying to find a 24 hr Home Depot.(there is one in Chicago) I finally canceled my appointment.The guys kept insisting they could get to Home depot at 6 am and have the pipe fixed in time for me to do my client.Thank God I canceled,they did put the pipe in but it was 12 in the afternoon before they finished and our house looked like a wreck!!!!! Thankfully this first step of our bathroom is complete.We now have to put in the floor.I found a cool white and black vintage looking tile. I am hoping John will come back and help with the installation.We have done a tile floor before but it has been a while.

No comments: