Trent and Julian

Trent and Julian

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Serendipity


I totally believe in coincidences and things of that nature.I have wanted a vintage bike that I could attach a basket and ride around the lake with my little dog Lola .Last year I saw a pink bike that was new but in the beach cruiser style.Well it was pricey so I didn't get it.My husband thinks I would ride a bike for ten minutes and that would be the end of it.SO yesterday on the way to the store I saw a yard sale with bikes there , I asked Trent" Can we stop by on the way back home?"I think he thought I would forget about it and he said sure.On the way home I saw the yard sale again and it was the sorriest sale I have seen but there were bikes!!!!! I spotted one with a wire basket attached and it wasn't pink but a cute vintage blue.I asked the price and the lady said 10 dollars!!! I bought the bike and the funny thing about it was when we got home we noticed a black dog leash attached to the basket.Whoever had this bike rode around with their little dog in it!!My project for my bike was to make a comfy dog bed for Lola. Last night I found pink material (shabby chic style)and made her a doggy bed to put in the basket and a blanket.(It is still chilly here in Wisconsin!!) I believe this was the bike meant for Lola and me!!!!I have already been riding it longer than hubby predicted.I took my boys this morning to a small park that is a block away from our house.It was so much fun and Lola loved it too!!!!!! I was very lucky today as well my son Trent made me a #1 Mom shirt for Mother's Day and Julian made me a sweet card!!!

No comments: